Sun, 03 Dec|
Tan-y-Garth Hall Retreat
An Introduction to Perennial Philosophy - Parts 3-10
A course of 8 full study days with Dr. Alan Roberts exploring the many different themes that are inherent in Perennial Philosophy .
Time & Location
03 Dec, 10:00 – 18:00 GMT
Tan-y-Garth Hall Retreat, Pontfadog, Llangollen LL20 7AS, UK
About The Event
This course of eight, one-day workshops spread over the remainder of the year, one day per month, is a follow on from the two primer retreats held in February and March this year.
N.B. For those that missed the retreats, the lectures from them will be soon be available on subscription video at £5 per lecture.
For full details and costs please click on the "Read more" text below in red.
“Rudiments of the perennial philosophy may be found among the traditional lore of primitive peoples in every region of the world, and in its fully developed forms it has a place in every one of the higher religions.” - Aldous Huxley (The Perennial Philosophy).
The course will look into and beyond the history of the various world ideas that Huxley and other writers identified as ‘universal’, to explore the nature of similar descriptions of this ultimate Reality, considering and exploring old and new methods being used to achieve its direct experience.
The exploration will consist of meditation sessions, talks, discussions and practical self exploration techniques and healing practices. All practices can be worked with at home between sessions.
During the course Alan will introduce the key ideas and concepts associated with the field of Perennial Philosophy.
Topics to be covered will include : -
- The Ghost in the Machine. Arthur Koestler and others, expanding who we are.
- An Experiment with Time. J W Dunne, and others, dreaming the future.
- The Life field; Rupert Sheldrake and others describing the Biofield.
- The Whispering Pond of universal awareness and memory. Ervin Laslo, and others.
- The Field and its functions. Lynne McTaggart, and others, linking with this field.
- The No-thing and the Way of Zen; Alan Watts, and others, the full void.
- The Tibetan Book of the Dead, Walter Evans -Wentz, Eugene Halliday & other potential corpses.
- A final session Gathering this all together.
Total cost for course for all 8 days is £400. i.e. Each 1 day event is £50 (includes lunch & refreshments).
IHS Members total cost for course is £360 i.e. each 1 day event is £45 (includes lunch & refreshments).
Both subscriptions will include access to all the lectures to be release on subscription video throughout the year (approx. 16 hours in total).
£50/£45 on booking with balance by monthly payments of the same amount.
Payment in full at time of booking.
1. 10-12 Feb, primer 2 day retreat (lectures to be released retrospectively on video)
2. 17-19 Mar, primer 2 day retreat (lectures to be released retrospectively on video)
3. 9 April, Easter Sun, 1 day workshop
4. 27 May, Sat, 1 day workshop
5. 30 July, Sun, 1 day workshop
6. 20 Aug, Sun, 1 day workshop
7. 16 or 17 Sept, TBC, 1 day workshop
8. 15 Oct, Sat, 1 day workshop
9. 11 Nov, Sat, 1 day workshop
10. 3 Dec, Sun, 1 day workshop
ABOUT THE COURSE LEADER
Alan Roberts has been involved with Tan-Garth-Hall since its establishment in the early 1970’s. Originally mentored by Eugene Halliday he practises and teaches a range of subjects including yoga, perennial philosophy, art and Sacred Drama (a means to gaining a new understanding of relationships) across the North West. Along with his wife Vidah, he also hosts a spiritual healing group on the Wirral and is a member of the Eugene Halliday Association Committee and a former trustee of Tan-y-Garth Hall Retreat.
N.B. This is an IHS event. IHS events are run according to the traditional values and practices of the International Hermeneutic Society, the charity that owns and runs the Hall. Although IHS teachers are very experienced in their subject, they choose not to be paid. This means the events are offered at lower cost than most commercial retreats and all of your payment goes towards supporting the running costs of Tan-y-Garth Hall.
In order to minimise the risk from Covid 19 we may have a range of policies in place for this event. These can include:
Temperature testing on arrival.
Limitation of numbers to allow for physical distancing.
Extra ventilation where possible.
Outdoors work when possible.
Please phone 0300 302 1936 for latest information.
Full Price £400 Pay Monthly
First instalment of £50 followed by 7 monthly payments of same amount.
IHS Price £360 pay Monthly
First instalment of £45 followed by 7 monthly payments of same amount.
Full Price £400 Pay total
Single payment for full 8 day course.
IHS Price £360 pay total
Single payment for full 8 day course.